Frequently Asked Questions

What types of events are held in the Townley Hall?

The hall has been used for discos, dances, concerts, charity events and parties.

Is there a kitchen facility?

There is a fully fitted, modern, stainless steel kitchen adjacent to the Townley Hall with an access hatch leading from the kitchen to the hall.

Is the hall easily accessible for wheelchair users?

Yes, there is a ramp leading to the main entrance of the halls.

Is there a sound system?

There is a sound system in the church but not in the hall.

Can I bring in my own electrical equipment?

All electrical equipment brought into the building must be PAT tested and proof of this provided to the Church Lettings Officer. Professional discos usually have this in place but you should check with the company. Any small electrical equipment can usually be tested free of charge at an electrical supplier.

Can alcohol be served in the hall / church?

It can be served in the hall and the church. However, if you are selling alcohol at your event, or offering it as part of the ticket price, you will need to apply for a one-off licence from Cheshire East.

Can I have a bouncy castle in the hall?

Yes, but it is important to note that it is the responsibility of the hirer to make sure public liability insurance is in place, especially if you are supervising the use of the castle, and not the supplier. The hall does not provide any insurance for the use of bouncy castles, and cannot accept any responsibility in the event of any accident.

When booking, the hirer must declare that they intend to have a bouncy castle. This declaration will imply a commitment to make sure that:

  • The bouncy castle will be supervised at all times by an adult (over 18).
  • Public liability insurance will be provided either by the supplier or the hirer.

Before the actual booking, the hirer must confirm that insurance is in place, and must be prepared to provide evidence for this.

Where is the nearest parking?

Free parking is available after 6 p.m. in the surrounding streets. There is a car park at the end of Townley Street and one in Park Green, opposite the front of the church. Both car parks are free after 6 p.m.

Anything else I should know?

  • Responsible adults must be in attendance at all parties.
  • Remember to add sufficient time to either side of your event for setting up and clearing away. The hall and kitchen must be left clean and tidy. All rubbish must be removed.
  • The hall is not available for hire on Sundays.

Can I have a look round the hall in advance?

Yes, of course! Our Lettings Officer will show you the hall and answer any further questions you might have.