Safeguarding Policy Statement
The following statement has been agreed by The Leadership of Macclesfield & Bollington United Reformed Church.
This church is committed to the safeguarding of children and adults at risk, and to ensure their well-being by:
- We recognise that safeguarding is a whole church responsibility
- We believe that all children and adults at risk should know that they are valued within the church and safely enjoy and have access to all aspects of the life of our church.
- We respect the personal dignity and rights of children and adults at risk (e.g., as set out in the Human Rights Act 1989, and UN Convention on the Rights of the Child) and will ensure that our policies and procedures reflect this.
- We recognise that we all have a responsibility to help prevent the physical, sexual, emotional abuse and neglect of adults at risk and report it accordingly.
- We recognise that domestic abuse affects both adults and children and believe that domestic abuse in all its forms is unacceptable and inconsistent with the Christian way of life.
- Where we identify concerns over the welfare of a child and/or adult at risk, we will take action to address them in partnership with the relevant and appropriate organisations.
All organisations, groups or hirers using Macclesfield & Bollington United Reformed Church Premises must abide by our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
All people who help with children’s groups are DBS checked.